Saturday, June 14, 2014

My first oil painting

It started with the request for a picture for a student room (physics student). The cancernebular was the right choice.

I had decided for oil painting, I´ve never done it before and I´m interested to try new techniques for painting. I want that the picture had structure and intense luminous color, the right things for a cancer nebular.

The internet was a little help, but in the theory it always sounds easy.
My choice … just do it
Brush, spatula, sponge … everything was used!

For the background I recommend to use the sponge with water …. covers quickly and carefully.
The spatula was perfect for the contours and the sponge for the clean transitions.
Since I´ve done this for the first time, I was totally surprised from the result.

My personal hint:
It´s best not to think much about it :-) Just do it.
Abstract pictures are perfect for trying new techniques.


No comments:

Post a Comment